4.15.2010

70% Gluten Free

Ok, so who doesn't love Pasta? Ok, truth be told, I absolutely don't, I never have, and I don't know that I ever will. But I do happen to like one variation of Pasta that is conveniently 70% Gluten Free.

What could it be you ask? None other than Gnocchi! Yes, 70% consists of a starch, typically Potato, but I have had some varieties with Pumpkin. The other 30% is a mix of wheat, rice, water, and flavoring. I wish they were 100% Gluten Free, but that would remove the naughty factor completely while adhering to a Gluten Free diet. I love them because they are dense, yet delightful, thick, yet placid, filling and satisfying. A typical pack you purchase at the store has 3 servings; the perfect amount for 2 (one being my husband). This means no leftovers, which I particularly love because my husband doesn't eat leftovers, unless its ham! But truly, the number one reason I love Gnocchi, they are ready in 2-3 MINUTES, seriously! Every time I make them, and doll them up with my homemade marinara, or out of the jar if I am in a hurry, I feel like an Italian Cook Extraordinare. It is probably the only Italian meal I make, and it is enough to fill the craving!

Gnocchi
Marinara Sauce
Ground Beef (Optional)

Prepare Meat Sauce, or warm Marinara Sauce for Vegetarian Option.
Boil Gnocchi for 2-3 minutes, until they float to the top of the water.

Combine, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment