4.10.2010

A Man's Salad


So getting Micah, my husband, to eat vegetables is like pulling a rabbit out of a hat, it's possible but it takes a trained magician. I have considered pureeing them into a baby food mush and adding to our meals, but even then his hypersensitive taste buds would still detect them a mile away. Discussion after discussion he claims that he does like vegetables and when we go out to eat he does eat his dinner salad. He said that he will eat a salad as a complete meal "if it is done the right". Done right to Micah means no dressing, lots of meat, eggs, olives, and all the fixins. Well, if you insist, I can serve you a Man's Salad. A salad for a man who thinks that each individual fruit snack contains one full fruit serving.
Here you go, our rendition of a A Man's Salad, no cooking, fast, fun, and makes both of us happy!

A Man's Salad

Spinach Greens (or your preference of lettuce)
Ham (or meat of choice)
Hard boiled eggs
Cheese
Croutons (leave these out for Gluten Free)
Carrots
Olives
Peanuts
Dressing (I like Salsa and Asian Sesame Dressing, Micah likes it dry!)

Assemble to your liking!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I will try my best to make a salad that our men will eat tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made a fabulous spinach salad, thank you! I am so happy we got to see your cute family yesterday!

    ReplyDelete