4.04.2010

I love food

I was born loving food, in fact, not much else consumed the first few months of my life on earth, aside from sleeping and changing diapers. I lived to eat then and today I still live to eat.

My taste buds have, however, become more discerning over the years. From newborn milk, I moved to solids; crackers, cheese, and meat; early years to more refined delights such as stove top, spaghetti and mom's casseroles; teenage years brought lots of bagels, frozen yogurt, and split pea soup. My early adulthood, I began to discover cooking outside my home, vegetables in their fresh abundance, salads, and dining out.

But hands down, living in Manhattan for 3 years had the greatest impact on the future of my food life. I experienced and loved food in every tradition, from Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, Indian, Greek, Italian, French, Southern, African, Ethiopian, and the list goes on, my palate was forever stimulated. Eating and the pursuit of eating, became a well loved pastime, from hours spent reading foodie reviews, studying menus thoroughly, dabbling in macrobiotic restaurants, experimenting with a vegan diet, eating raw food and buying juices and food from street vendors, I will never be the same. In NYC I had the best ice cream sold from a truck, the most fabulous cupcake before dinner, and the fattest cookie under the sun. I suppose nothing will ever top the creativity and amazement of the food and love of food I discovered in NYC. However, in my own little oasis, my home, I know seek to create and share my own veritable delights, from entrees, to baking cookies, to gluten free the natural way, I just can't get enough. Enjoy the journey with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment